PEACE is the evening star of the soul, and Virtue is its sun; and the two are never far apart
What better way to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year than to create a soulful and peace- giving event, a day to let go so we may create anew… I very much hope to see you there.
WELLNESS DAY 2012
Health, Inspiration, Peace ( H.I.P.)
DATE/TIME: Sunday January 15th , 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
LOCATION: All Saints Episcopal Church, 855 Middle Neck Rd, Great Neck NY 11024
PURPOSE: To alleviate stress and promote harmony within individuals, families and the community. To help people discover natural, drug free ways to slow down and find physical and emotional balance.
DESCRIPTION: The following services will be available at no charge (donations gratefully accepted).
1. COMMUNITY STYLE EAR ACUPUNCTURE FOR STRESS: A simple treatment based on the NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol of five tiny needles in each ear. People will be seated in chairs and fully dressed.
- Five tiny pre-packaged and sterile needles on each ear, nearly painless when the needles go in.
- A 30 – 45 minute treatment in a community-style group setting
A relaxing experience that helps reduce stress and anxiety, aids with sleep, and provides an overall sense of well-being.
- Introduction to Yoga styles,use of props, body alignment, Pranayama
- Beinners/Intermediate Yoga with props
- chair Yoga
3 . MEDITATION: Immediately following yoga class.
4. REIKI: Reiki is a simple and natural method of spiritual and physical healing, which was developed and taught by Dr. Mikao Usui. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and always creates a beneficial effect. It can dramatically relieve stress and promote peace of mind.
5. MASSAGE THERAPY: Relieves tension and stress. Given fully clothed.
RSVP: While we would LOVE to hear that you are coming and perhaps bringing friends, reservations are not required.