Summer is a time of plenty and variety in fruits and vegetables. Our eating should reflect that. Foods can be cooked a shorter time than in colder seasons. Many people avoid soup in warm weather, but soups are actually healthier than salads even in the summer. They are hydrating and offer plenty of electrolytes to compensate for sweating. The below recipe is light and easy to make. Enjoy!
Jade Green Soup
- 1/2 cup Tofu, diced
- 2 cups of leafy greens, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups of broth
- 1/2 tablespoon kudzu dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Saute or steam tofu 5 min. Add salt
- Add greens. Saute 2 min.
- Add broth and simmer until greens are bright-colored
- Add kudzu mixture and simmer until thickened
- Serves 3-4
This recipe is borrowed from Paul Pritchard’s classic book: Healing with Whole Foods: Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition