I am planning a Community Healing event for people who still carry trauma from 9/11 and others who suffer from high levels of stress. I am offering it as a Free Public Service to encourage people to explore ways to reduce stress so they and their families can live a better quality of life.
Date : Sunday September 11th, 12 Noon to 3 PM.
Where: At the Great Neck Arts Center, 113 Middle Neck Road, Great Neck NY 11021 (Parking available behind the building)
For Directions: www.greatneckarts.org or call 516-829-2570
About this event: This event offers free acupuncture to reduce stress. The treatment follows the NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol, which is highly effective in resetting a person’s nervous system and giving them a new starting place from which they can heal. This event will raise funds to support Acupuncturists Without Borders’ (AWB) national and international effort to help people who have suffered from Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD) following natural or man-made disasters. AWB’s vision is to foster the creation of stable, peaceful global communities through its community-based acupuncture services and training, which interrupt the cycles of unresolved trauma (visit www.acuwithoutborders.org for more info).
About the Acupuncture Treatment:
- A 30 to 45 minute treatment in a community-style group setting with no disrobing
- Five tiny pre-packaged and sterile needles on each ear, nearly painless when the needles go in.
- A relaxing experience that reduces stress and anxiety, aids with sleep and provides an overall sense of well-being.
- Chair massage and Reiki treatments will also be offered FREE of charge.
- Free refreshments will be provided.
- No appointment is necessary – Suggested donation: $15.
Please note: Marie will be opening a low cost Stress Clinic in her office using Community Style Acupuncture on Friday evenings from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM, starting September 17th 2011.
For more information on the power of ear acupuncture as a treatment for PTSD, please follow the link below, illustrating how it was used by Acupuncturists without Borders after the earthquake in Haiti: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bonttXGcJw&feature=email